It seems like I blinked and half a year has come and gone. Does it feel the same for you? At the beginning of 2021, I set five goals for myself. I had about two dozen goals, but I refined my list to a very small set that I believed I could accomplish:
- Finish the final book in the Whitewood Journals series.
- Publish the final book in the Whitewood Journals series.
- Finish the final book in the Earthborn series.
- Learn more about the publishing world, marketing in particular.
- Recover from foot surgery.
So what have I accomplished after six months? Numbers 1 and 2 are in the bag. Done! Number 3 is almost done. I did a bit on number 4, but could stand to learn more. (Always have to be learning!) Number 5 is a work in progress.
I feel pretty good about my progress so far, like I can actually reach all my 2021 goals. And I’m already excited about 2022. I might have even sketched out some goals already.
I know; I’m weird.
Anyway, go read a book!